Volunteer at SCI
Do you have a knack for knowledge? An appetite for adventure? A hand for helping? Whether you can donate a couple of hours or stick around for years, join SCI’s volunteer team to help inspire a-ha! moments. Tell us your skills, interests and availability and we’ll find ways for you to get involved.
Consider the possibilities:
- Get your hands on science by presenting cart demonstrations and pocket science
- Be a resident expert and present at one of SCI’s events or forums
- If you’re handy, use your fix-it skills to keep exhibits fully functioning
- Pitch in during busy seasons to greet visitors and answer questions
- Support SCI’s administrative staff on marketing, development and membership projects
- Help the SCI Preschool with various jobs so teachers can maximize classroom time
- Use your education background to mentor a camp counselor in the summer
- Gain pre-professional experience as a junior camp counselor
Spend your summer as an SCI Camp Junior Counselor!
If you enjoy children, science and are 15-18 years old, volunteer as a Junior Counselor! Get career-building experience assisting with science activities as you learn leadership, communication and teamwork skills. Earn an SCI membership after 40 hours of service! One-week commitment required: M-F hours to be determined. Sign up to volunteer today - fill out these forms, then email email@example.com!
Feel free to contact us with questions or feedback:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 515-274-6868 ext. 295
Want to join the SCI Staff?
Check out current Employment Opportunities and apply to join our creative and passionate team.
Engage in SCI
- Support SCI
- Facility Rental
- Group Visits
- Birthday Parties
- $5 Family Night
- Astronomy Events
- Breakfast with Santa
- Brick Built: Engineering SCI
- Cinema Under the Stars
- Girls in Science
- Mixology Night
- Scientist in Residence
- Spirit of the Season
- Spooky Science
- Weekend Workshops