On the second Tuesday of each month, the Science Center of Iowa invites the community to join the conversation!
Café Scientifique is a FREE science-based program for adults and young adults. Each event begins with an introduction and background of the topic by the featured presenter and concludes with an open forum for questions and discussion.
"Café Sci" events are happening all over the world – with leaders in science and technology engaging audiences in discussion around meaningful and relevant topics in an informal setting.
Café Sci events take place on the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30-7:00 pm. Locations vary.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming Cafe Sci events:
- September 8 - Vaccines: Fighting Fear and the Flu
Presenter: Ana Coppola, Community Health Educator, Polk County Health
Routine immunizations have recently stirred unprecedented controversy, as patients check "no" to vaccines for reasons ranging from religion to safety to fear. With winter approaching, it's time to weigh the impact of vaccine resistance and learn which immunizations you need to fend off the flu.
Join us for a scientific take on the biology of fear and influenza, and learn how new vaccine recommendations could change the way you think about catching a cold.
- October 13 - Details coming soon
- November 10 - Details coming soon
RSVP encouraged to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cafe Sci:
- Events are free to the general public; Coffee, beverages or appetizers are usually available for purchase
- Many events are held off-site at restaurants, cafes and other venues
- No scientific background is necessary, just an interest in the topic at hand
- All ages are welcome but content is geared for adults and young adults
- Click here for a library of previous Cafe Sci events
Interested in presenting a topic or hosting an event? Inquire at email@example.com or (515) 274-6868 ext. 234