The Science Center of Iowa presents a FREE science-based program for adults and young adults!
"Cafe Sci" events are happening all over the world. On the first Tuesday of each month, SCI invites the community to join the conversation over cocktails and coffee. We are committed to hosting leaders in science and technology to engage you in meaningful and relevant topics in an informal setting. Each event begins with an introduction and background of the topic by the featured presenter. After a brief break, the experience continues with an open forum for questions and discussion. Come relax or get involved!
Upcoming Cafe Sci Events:
- Tuesday, May 7 - Digging Up Dirt: The Science of Sue
The science of Sue and what this discovery has meant to the field of Paleontology.
Presenter: Christopher A. Brochu, Associate Professor, Department of Geoscience, University of Iowa
Location: Science Center of Iowa
- The next season of Cafe Scientifique events will begin in September and will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Details coming soon!
RSVP encouraged to email@example.com
About Cafe Sci:
- Events are free to the general public; Coffee, beverages or appetizers are usually available for purchase
- Many events are held off-site at restaurants, cafes and other venues
- No scientific background is necessary, just an interest in the topic at hand
- All ages are welcome but content is geared for adults and young adults
- Click here for a library of previous Cafe Sci events
Interested in presenting a topic or hosting an event? Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 274-6868 ext. 234