The Science Center of Iowa presents a FREE science-based program for adults and young adults!
"Cafe Sci" events are happening all over the world. On the second Tuesday of each month, SCI invites the community to join the conversation over cocktails and coffee. We are committed to hosting leaders in science and technology to engage you in meaningful and relevant topics in an informal setting. Each event begins with an introduction and background of the topic by the featured presenter and concludes with an open forum for questions and discussion. Come relax or get involved!
Cafe Sci events take place on the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30-7:30 pm. Locations vary.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming Cafe Sci events:
- August 12 – What's Around the Riverbend?
Presenter: Nate Hoogeveen, Director of River Programs, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
Location: Science Center of Iowa, Downtown Des Moines
Iowa is the land between America’s two greatest rivers, and water flows within a short drive or walk of all Iowans. However, many rivers have grown unstable – with eroding banks, degrading beds, dwindling fish populations and muddy or algae-tainted waters. Solutions are complex, but river restoration programs can bring back the health, abundance, beauty and clarity of our rivers and streams. Join us to learn about the science and policy at play in restoring Iowa’s watershed and how you can explore the state using Iowa’s water trails!
RSVP encouraged to email@example.com
About Cafe Sci:
- Events are free to the general public; Coffee, beverages or appetizers are usually available for purchase
- Many events are held off-site at restaurants, cafes and other venues
- No scientific background is necessary, just an interest in the topic at hand
- All ages are welcome but content is geared for adults and young adults
- Click here for a library of previous Cafe Sci events
Interested in presenting a topic or hosting an event? Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 274-6868 ext. 234