On the second Tuesday of each month, the Science Center of Iowa invites the community to join the conversation!
Café Scientifique is a FREE science-based program for adults and young adults. Each event begins with an introduction and background of the topic by the featured presenter and concludes with an open forum for questions and discussion.
"Café Sci" events are happening all over the world – with leaders in science and technology engaging audiences in discussion around meaningful and relevant topics in an informal setting.
Café Sci events take place on the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30-7:00 pm. Locations vary.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming Cafe Sci events:
- March 10 - The End of Hunger: Feeding Nine Billion
Location: Jasper Winery, 2400 George Flagg Pkwy, Des Moines, IA
Presenter: Keegan Kautzky, Director of National Education Programs, The World Food Prize
The single greatest challenge of the 21st Century will be sustainably feeding nine billion people on our planet by 2050. Join us to learn about the real-life heroes who are using science to end hunger, eradicate disease, improve human health and protect our planet.
RSVP encouraged to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cafe Sci:
- Events are free to the general public; Coffee, beverages or appetizers are usually available for purchase
- Many events are held off-site at restaurants, cafes and other venues
- No scientific background is necessary, just an interest in the topic at hand
- All ages are welcome but content is geared for adults and young adults
- Click here for a library of previous Cafe Sci events
Interested in presenting a topic or hosting an event? Inquire at email@example.com or (515) 274-6868 ext. 234