On the second Tuesday of each month, the Science Center of Iowa invites the community to join the conversation!
Café Scientifique is a FREE science-based program for adults and young adults. Each event begins with an introduction and background of the topic by the featured presenter and concludes with an open forum for questions and discussion.
"Café Sci" events are happening all over the world – with leaders in science and technology engaging audiences in discussion around meaningful and relevant topics in an informal setting.
Café Sci events take place on the second Tuesday of each month from 5:30-7:00 pm. Locations vary.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming Cafe Sci events:
- May 12 - Small Loans, Big Change: Microfinance in the Metro
Location: Science Center of Iowa, 401 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway
Presenter: Ana Mancebo, Program Coordinator, Solidarity Microfinance
From language barriers to credit problems, aspiring entrepreneurs from low-income backgrounds can shy away from the business world for a variety of reasons. Solidarity Microfinance, a Des Moines nonprofit program, is committed to changing that trend by providing the small loans and support small-business owners need to launch successful companies — and break the cycle of poverty in the metro.
Join us to gain a better understanding of microfinance’s role in macro-level social reform around the globe and in Des Moines.
RSVP encouraged to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cafe Sci:
- Events are free to the general public; Coffee, beverages or appetizers are usually available for purchase
- Many events are held off-site at restaurants, cafes and other venues
- No scientific background is necessary, just an interest in the topic at hand
- All ages are welcome but content is geared for adults and young adults
- Click here for a library of previous Cafe Sci events
Interested in presenting a topic or hosting an event? Inquire at email@example.com or (515) 274-6868 ext. 234