IMAX Theater Closed!
The Blank IMAX Dome Theater sustained significant damage during storms in June 2018. Since then, we have mitigated the water damage and are working to reach an insurance resolution and move forward. (Unfortunately, it's been a slow process.) Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
The Blank IMAX Dome Theater’s six-story dome screen wraps you in larger than life images that surround your field of view, front-to-back and top-to-bottom.
The 12,000-watt digital surround sound system lets you hear everything from a tiny drop of rain to a huge clap of thunder with crystal clarity. From sight to sound, this 216-seat theater is designed to challenge your natural sensory perception with a uniquely immersive movie experience!
Did You Know?
- The Blank IMAX Dome Theater is one of only 92 giant screen domes in the world!
- The length of film that feeds through the IMAX projector for a 45-minute Documentary Film is about 3 miles long, and can be 10 miles or longer for Hollywood films.
- The rows of seats in the theater are set at a steep angle of 35 degrees, so you always face the screen directly no matter where you sit.
- In order to maximize the image viewing area, IMAX film does not include an embedded soundtrack. SCI’s IMAX Team manually syncs audio with video when building films prior to opening.
- The Blank IMAX Dome Theater was specially designed with three feet of layered insulation to ensure sounds from the nearby train tracks and airport cannot be heard inside.
- The IMAX large-format film is generically called "15/70," which refers to the 15 perforations, or holes, located on each frame of 70 mm film. Prior to the evolution of digital projection in traditional movie theaters, the film used was 35 mm — IMAX film is twice that size!
IMAX and The IMAX Experience are registered trademarks of the IMAX Corporation.