The Programs Assistant helps and supports materials and content related to seasonal project and programs. This position carries out prepping, packing, delivering, organization and retrieving of materials for teacher professional development and other programs as needed. This includes email communication, planning of materials and organization for preparation for programs. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Innovative STEM Teaching, this position will focus on supporting exhibits, programs, camps and preschool through materials management, data collection, evaluation and project management. The position is also responsible for delivering materials for programs to various locations outside the museum.
- Develop and maintain database of program information
- Survey visitors, analyze and report data
- Provide support, planning and implementation of SLT programs
- Schedule workshops, trainings and travel for SLT staff
- Manage materials and supplies for SLT programs to support seasonal demand
- Develop, administer and process evaluations that support SLT programs
- Communicates, written and verbal, in a clear professional fashion to help coordinate the organization of materials
- Support other SCI programming and education components when necessary
- Track and manage the growth and development of SLT successes and achievements
- Drives to deliver and retrieve materials throughout the season
- Participate in educational workshop opportunities as available or needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree in Education, Science Education, or related fields preferred
- Must have experience with Excel and other data management products
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills
- Must be organized and able to work with little or no supervision
- Must be able to drive a 15-passenger van
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must uphold the values, commitment to excellence and Visitor Bill of Rights of the Science Center of Iowa
Working Hours: This position will require some flexibility but will work a 40-hour week that may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Overnight availability is also a requirement due to some travel.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter and completed application materials to email@example.com.