Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: VP of Community Engagement
Direct Reports: Yes
The Membership Manager assists in developing the strategies with the Vice President of Community Engagement and implements the overall Membership plan for renewal and acquisition, member relations and membership communications. This role oversees the overall success of the Membership program to exceed the expectations of current and potential new members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop strategies in conjunction with the Vice President of Community Engagement, implement tactics, and manage SCI’s Membership Program to reach established revenue and sales goals
- Responsible for full understanding of SCI’s Membership Program to communicate and administer the program effectively including promotions, direct mail, solicitations, and events
- Establish and manage short-term and long-term departmental priorities in an effective and organized manner
- Apply analytics to membership data to improve sales, revenue and program outcomes
- Work with SCI staff and volunteers to cultivate a Membership Program that serves the community and supports the programming at SCI. Initiate new projects and innovative ideas to build membership programs
- Coordinate and participate with community partners in managing the promotion and execution of SCI, Blank Park Zoo and Living History Farms Membership Program and oversee accurate accounting and recordkeeping
- Develop and manage monthly membership renewal emails, mailings, and telemarketing
- Organize and serve as a liaison to volunteers helping with membership activities
- Provide training to Visitor Services Team to execute selling of memberships on-site
- Develop the Membership Program budget and control expenses
- Professionally represent SCI in all contact with donors, members and visitors. Provide excellent customer service
- Checks in and assists members upon entry during open hours of operations and at designated events as the information desk
- Develop and maintain, with the help of the Communications Department, up-to-date promotional plans and materials. Manage marketing supplies in a timely, cost-efficient manner
- Demonstrate proficiency in specialized program software, including Altru and other CRM tools. Update and maintain computer database to correspond with new, renewed and expired membership and produce reports as needed
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position supervises employees in the Membership Associate. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing and hiring, assigning and directing daily work, conducting performance reviews and providing developmental feedback, facilitating conflict resolution and taking corrective action with employees when deemed appropriate based on performance or conduct.
Education, Experience and/or Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Proficiency with customer relations database management systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Previous membership program management, financial management and supervision experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a good vision for opportunities to enhance the success of SCI
- Creative, curious, innovative and is passionate about learning
- Previous customer service and delivery of superior customer service experiences that “WOW” and inspire members.
- Effective problem solving skills and strong organizational skills that demonstrates attention to details
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and priorities
- Ability to work as a part of a team and individually to develop clear action plans that support the mission of SCI and SCI’s overall goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy and of high integrity, showing high respect for confidential member information
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer but is occasionally active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must regularly lift and/or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hours & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Hours will be Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. any may include some evenings and holidays. Typically, no travel will be required.
To Apply: Email your resume and completed application materials to email@example.com.