Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Guided Learning Director
Direct Reports: This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
The Visitor Servies Associate will use cash registers, electronic scanners and related equipment to conduct monetary transactions with customers. This position will support visitor services in various operational areas of SCI including the box office, gift store and/or cafe.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Greets all customers in a professional, friendly and timely manner, including answering phones and directing customer inquiries
- Identifies prices of products and services and accepts money in the form of cash, checks and credit or debit cards for items purchased; validates checks
- Conducts transactions of merchandise and sales; bag, box and wrap purchased items
- Stocks shelves, sets up displays and performs cleaning duties
- Processes returns and exchanges according to company policy
- Ensures accurate transactions by balancing cash register at the beginning and end of shift and sales at the end of shift
- Assists customers in locating various products, resolving complaints or providing information
- Please note: This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job; duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, Experience and/or Other Requirements:
- Deliver superior customer service experiences that “WOW” and delight customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate available equipment, such as cash registers, calculators or scanners
- Basic mathematical skills, as needed to make change and give refunds
- Knowledgeable about company’s products and services and customer-related policies
- Trustworthy and of high integrity, showing high respect for confidential information
- Successfully pass a background check
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a retail environment and with providing customer service
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The role is active and requires prolonged standing and walking, as well as bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. This position also will also have periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee must regularly lift and/or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Hours & Work Schedule: Hours will vary based on business needs and may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Generally, no travel will be required.