SCI's Big Blast – Annual Fundraising Gala
Have a blast while supporting science education!
Proceeds from this gala are critical for supporting opportunities for more than 320,000 children, teens and adults to engage in science learning through interactive exhibits, live programming, special events, workshops and camps at SCI each year.
The event features:
- Cuisine and cocktails
- Music and entertainment
- Silent auction
- Science learning and exploration
Friday, August 23, 2019 | 6:30-11:00 pm
This year, we'll "blast off" as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing!
Tickets include heavy hors d'oeuvres and a hosted cocktail hour.
- Earlybird (through July 31): $125 per person; $225 per couple
- Regular (August 1 and after): $150 per person; $275 per couple
- Young Professional (ages 35 and younger): $75 per person
**Online ticket sales have ended - but tickets are still available at the door!
Show your support for lifelong science learning by becoming a sponsor of SCI's Big Blast! Sponsorship benefits include event tickets as well as logo or name recognition in event materials.
- Presenting Sponsor ($10,000)
- Elemental Sponsor ($5,000)
- Supporting Sponsor ($2,000)
- Sustaining Sponsor ($1,000)
- Aspiring Sponsor - for YPs ages 35 and younger ($500)
Contact SCI's Development Team at email@example.com or 515-274-6868 ext. 223.
The silent auction will feature various exciting packages. Check back for updates!
Cuisine & Cocktails
Premier event caterers – Christiani’s VIP Catering & Events, Great Caterers of Iowa and Hy-Vee on Euclid – will prepare cuisine featuring unique ingredients and techniques, while SCI’s Food Chain Café will create signature cocktails that combine creativity and chemistry.
Music & Entertainment
Live entertainment will be provided, and SCI’s exhibits will be open for after-hours exploration.